Project Management Training Programme
13/09/2018 @ 9:00 am - 17/09/2018 @ 4:30 pm
Course Code: VAA PM101
Course Duration: 12 Days
Project Management 101
If project management is “the application of processes, methods, knowledge, skills and experience to achieve the project objectives”, then having the appropriate technical skill is a crucial aspect of a project manager’s portfolio, but technical skill is not enough. Project Management 101
Growing trends in the project management industry reveal that project management is going to become even more critical to business success, albeit with a few changes. In today’s climate of mergers and acquisitions, tight budgets and contract work, offshore development and virtual teams, project managers are going to be expected to raise the bar and include many new competencies in their skills-sets, such as:
- Negotiation skills
- Conflict resolution
- Thought leadership
- Change management
Over and above their already comprehensive toolkit, in order to support these changes, they’re going to need to include a few add-ons, like:
- Selling (ideas, teams, individuals)
- Understanding human behaviour
- Flexing their own behaviour
- Managing relationships at all levels
- Working with, and not against, stress
- Managing time
The problem is, no matter how much technical knowledge is available to a new project manager, it’s often the “other stuff” that tends to get in the way of successful projects.
Velisa Africa Academy presents Project Management 101, a comprehensive programme that offers fundamental PM skills as well as the soft skills so vital for the role. This programme is designed specifically for professionals who want to stretch their skill into the realm of project management.
Based on the 15+ years of experience in project management in the corporate and consulting arenas, the trainer has compile a programme, which provides experiential learning of the technical and soft skills necessary to effectively manage large-scale projects.
The programme consists of practical workshops, assignments and mentoring sessions to ensure not only the embedding of the learning, but to generate sustainable changes in the mind-sets of the individuals concerned.
The VAA PM 101 programme provides practical foundation level training that enables effective project management. On completion, programme graduates will receive:
- VAA Competent Project Manager Certificate
- VAA Project Management Soft Skills Certificate
This Programme is intended for PM’s and /or other working people wanting to get into PM. Individuals seeking to develop a practical understanding of project management principles and practices to enable them to enter into a career in project management and/or develop their PM competence in the IT industry. Some experience in project work is recommended (e.g. Bus analyst, developer, project administrator, junior PM, etc.).
The following modules and lessons included in the programme are designed to support the course objectives:
- Project management principles and practices
- Stakeholder management
- Expanding E.Q., communication and engagement abilities
- Increased personal effectiveness
- Deepening genuine connection and active listening skills to build trust
- Learning to thrive under pressure
- Managing relationships both when things are going well AND when there is conflict.
- Flexing communication styles to suit the context
- Structured thinking & influencing the quality of thinking in self and othe
- Practical coaching skills
- How your personal brand impacts your leadership style
- Presenting new ideas convincingly
- The practice of stakeholder management
- Strategies for influence
- Change management principles
- Negotiation and conflict resolution
- Time management
The programme is currently available in the following format:
- Instructor led theoretical training
- Instructor led practical real life scenario workshops and projects
- Coaching & Mentoring sessions between training sessions
The Velisa Africa Academy programme facilitators are highly experienced project managers with PMP, PRINCE2 and Agile certification having over 15 years’ experience project management in the IT industry. To find out more about these & other programmes, please contact us at the Velisa Africa Academy.
The VAA PM101 Training is a 12 day high-impact programme consisting of 4 sessions that will be divided into 3 day classes.
How to Register for the Course
If you would like to register, receive a quotation or query anything, please either contact us via our website, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or phone us at 0861716150 and we will assist you.
Please enquire if you wish to arrange courses in your own environment. The minimum class size is 5.
On successful completion of this course, delegates will receive a Velisa Africa Mastery Project Management certificate.