Mastering Advanced Microsoft Excel Skills
13/09/2018 @ 9:00 am - 17/09/2018 @ 4:30 pm
Course Code: MAMES
Course Duration: 5 Days
The Microsoft Excel Advanced course is designed to take a person who desires to automate their environment and perform complex spread sheet and Visual Basic for Applications (V.B.A.) programming to become even more effective. This is also really useful if you are running or working in a small business.
Your trainer has over twenty years’ experience with Microsoft Excel and will simplify what others make complicated.
You will learn how to automate and simplify other important aspects of your work.
After you complete this course, you will know how to get Microsoft Excel to take over simple tasks and provide you with a means to manage your work and work environment for you.
This course includes practical hands-on exercises that enable you to test your understanding of how different aspects of your work can be simplified, and gives you the opportunity to simplify your own work environment in the process. You will also learn how to meet the basic requirements of the POPI (Protection of Private Information) Act when working in a Microsoft Office environment.
- Understand the simplicity of Microsoft Windows
- Understand how Microsoft Windows and Office Work together
- Speed up your work (up to double your current speed)
- Optimise Microsoft settings to protect you
- Optimise Excel settings to empower you
- Reduce time fixing incorrect data
- Auto-generate personalized communications
- Create little “bots” to work for you in Excel
- Creating time and SLA activated colour-coded reminders
- Build business rules using formulas
- Develop a business Dashboard using Excel
- Get Excel to complete administrative functions through writing VBA programs
- Assist you to ascertain the following and develop in Excel, the tools to drive you forward.
- What does your Business Need?
- What do you currently have?
- What can you build to start yourself off with?
Course duration is 5 days.
Lesson 1: Intro to the mind-set behind Microsoft products Hardware and Software
- Layers of functionality
- The Windows Frame
- The Microsoft Office Frame
- The Microsoft Excel Frame
- The Microsoft Excel Worksheet Frame
- The Microsoft Excel Cell Frame
- Using the Windows Clipboard
- Microsoft Windows Advanced Keyboard Shortcuts
- Microsoft Office Advanced Mouse Shortcuts
- Microsoft Office Advanced Keyboard Shortcuts
- Microsoft Excel Advanced Keyboard Shortcuts
Lesson 2: Security and Privacy – POPI Act (what to do)
- Microsoft Windows (simplifying the complicated)
- Microsoft Office Advanced Settings
- Microsoft Excel Advanced Settings
- Microsoft Excel Advanced Workbook Settings
- Microsoft Excel Advanced Worksheet Settings
Lesson 3: Advanced Functions
- Microsoft Excel Advanced Templates
- Microsoft Excel Advanced Conditional Formatting
- Microsoft Excel Advanced Graphs
- Microsoft Excel Advanced Charts
- Microsoft Excel Advanced Pivot Tables
Lesson 4: Advanced Referencing and Formulas
- Microsoft Excel Advanced Referencing of other values
- Microsoft Excel Advanced Formulas
- Microsoft Excel Advanced Data Manipulation Formulas
- Microsoft Excel Advanced Reports
Lesson 5: Programming in VBA
- Microsoft Excel Macro Recording
- Microsoft Excel Macro Debugging
- Microsoft Excel Structured Programming in VBA
- Microsoft Excel Forms and Buttons
Please enquire if you wish to arrange courses in your own environment. The minimum class size is 5.
On successful completion of this course, delegates will receive a Velisa Africa Mastery Advanced Excel certificate.
We look forward to welcoming you to this highly practical training session!