Velisa Africa is the official Global Knowledge partner in Sub-Saharan Africa. Course details : https://www.globalknowledge.co.uk/courses/ibm/database_management_and_development/cl285g.html
This course teaches basic database administrative tasks using DB2 10.5 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows. These tasks include creating database objects like table, indexes and views and loading data into the database with DB2 utilities like LOAD and INGEST. Various diagnostic methods will be presented, including using various db2pd command options and monitoring using SQL statements with DB2 monitor functions. Students will learn how to implement automatic archival for database logs and how to recover a database to a specific point in time using the archived logs. Locking performed by DB2 and the effect the application isolation level has on locking and lock wait conditions are covered. This course provides a quick start to DB2 database administration skills for experienced relational Database Administrators (DBA).
The lab exercises are performed using DB2 LUW 10.5 for Windows. For some exercise tasks students will have the option to complete the task using a DB2 command line processor or using the graphical interface provided by IBM Data Server Manager.
Participants should have the following skills:
- Perform basic database administration tasks on a relational database system
- Use basic OS functions such as utilities, file permissions, hierarchical file system, commands, and editor
- State the functions of the Structured Query Language (SQL) and be able to construct DDL, DML, and authorization statements
- Discuss basic relational database concepts and objects such as tables, indexes, views, and joins
- These skills can be developed by taking: DB2 SQL Workshop, DB2 Fundamentals