Velisa Africa is the official Global Knowledge partner in Sub-Saharan Africa. Course details : https://www.globalknowledge.co.uk/courses/ibm/operating_systems/an12g.html
Learn to install, customize, and administer the AIX operating system in a POWER (System p) partitioned environment. This course is based on AIX 7.1 running on a Power7 system managed by HMC version 7. This course is also appropriate for prior releases of AIX and has a high practical content.
There is also an instructor-led online version of this course: Power Systems for AIX II: AIX Implementation and Administration (ILO) (AX120GB)
You should be able to:
- Log in to an AIX system and set a user password
- Execute basic AIX commands
- Manage files and directories
- Use the vi editor
- Use redirection, pipes, and tees
- Use the utilities find and grep
- Use the command and variable substitution
- Set and change Korn shell variables
- Write simple shell scripts
- Use a graphic Common Desktop Environment (CDE) interface
- These skills can be acquired by taking AIX Basics (AU13GB) or through equivalent AIX/UNIX knowledge.
In addition, it would be helpful (but not mandatory) that you be familiar with partitioning concepts and technology as taught in Power Virtualization I: LPAR Planning and Configuration (AN11GB)