Citrix : Citrix NetScaler Essentials and Unified Gateway
13/09/2018 @ 9:00 am - 17/09/2018 @ 4:30 pm
Course Code: CNS-222
Course Duration: 5 Days
Velisa Africa is the official Global Knowledge partner in Sub-Saharan Africa. Course details : https://www.globalknowledge.co.uk/courses/citrix/network_management/cns-222.html
Designed for students with little or no previous NetScaler, NetScaler Gateway or Unified Gateway experience, this course is best suited for individuals who will be deploying or managing NetScaler, NetScaler Gateway, or Unified Gateway environments.
The course has been completely redeveloped and improves upon CNS-207: Implementing Citrix NetScaler 11 for App and Desktop Solutions via the following:
- Improved course structure and flow to focus on NetScaler essentials for the first three days, and NetScaler Gateway and Unified Gateway features for the remaining two.
- A new lab environment redesigned and built for enhanced performance.
- Incorporated course feedback that has been gathered over the last year.
- New content introduced throughout the course.
Part 1: Citrix NetScaler Essentials – Days 1-3
Learn the skills required to implement NetScaler components including secure Load Balancing, High Availability, and NetScaler Management. At the end of the course, students will be able to configure their NetScaler environments to address traffic delivery and management requirements including load balancing, availability, and NetScaler operation management.
Part 2: Citrix NetScaler Unified Gateway – Days 4-5
Learn the skills required to configure and manage NetScaler Gateway and Unified Gateway features, including how to implement Gateway components including NetScaler Gateway and Unified Gateway. At the end of the course students will be able to configure their NetScaler environments to address remote access requirements for Apps and Desktops.
Recommended pre-requisite courses:
- CNS-102 NetScaler Overview
Note: Students looking to expand their knowledge around NetScaler Traffic Management functionality are recommended to take CNS-220 (Citrix NetScaler Essentials and Traffic Management) instead of this class.
This course is based on the Citrix NetScaler 11 product, but the skills and fundamental concepts learned are common to earlier product versions.
Citrix recommends students prepare for this course by taking the following course:
- CNS-102 NetScaler Overview
It is also recommended to gain a basic understanding of the following concepts and technologies:
- Basic Networking
- Windows and Linux Server administration
- Experience with Citrix virtualization technologies, such as XenDesktop and XenApp
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server or enterprise database servers
- Experience with Active Directory and Group Policy
- Basic understanding of Microsoft Remote Desktop Services
- Basic understanding of VPN concepts, including SSL encryption and certificates