- Individuals are welcome to remain at any level without pressure to go upward. You can decide what level you want to be and if you wish to proceed further.
- Industry experience is a guideline for taking the certification. For Master, a minimum level of experience is required.
- One allowable substitution certification is permitted for an elective exam at either Practitioner or Master level.
The level of CDMP is based on your mark obtained in the DM Fundamentals exam:
If you score 60-69% you will be awarded CDMP Associate
If you score over 70% you may take another 2 specialist exams to
obtain Practitioner Level. Available specialist exams at present are:
- Data Modelling and Design
- Metadata Management
- Data Governance
- Data Quality
Preparation for the exams:
1. Data Management Fundamentals:
Study the DMBoK Version 2. Attending the Data Management Overview Course is very helpful. The practice test which you get access to once you have paid (unlimited tries).
Study the relevant chapter/s in the DMBoK. Extra reading (see end of each chapter). Attending our endorsed 4-day preparation course for Data Modelling or Data Governance is helpful. Re-certification is achieved over 3 yearly intervals. At least 30 hours of professional development must be logged and submitted to DAMA I. Recertification costs $100.