After 7 years of serving Shoden Data Systems as the Shoden Academy, it was time to expand our horizons and offer our internship and learnership services as an independent training provider. The relationships and friendships made between the academy’s team and the family that was Shoden Data Systems have remained strong still to this day.
Our history (under our previous name – the Shoden Academy) has been that:
- 100% of the graduating interns were placed in employment
- 90% of all whom commenced as interns have been employed
- Post-graduation, we have received reviews that our job-nurture programme was “life-changing” and made “dreams come true”
- Access to a good, holistic education provides a real solution to the challenges we face in South Africa
- This model allows businesses to invest in the ability of our young people to make wise decisions
- If businesses choose not to act now, we will still be treating the symptoms of poverty in the future
We, at Velisa Academy want to see the future of our country moulded through the power of knowledge and fulfilled potential. This is creating a preferred future!
OUR VISION & MISSION
- To be a world-class and sought-after place of learning and a trusted partner to our customers.
- To see a local economy where good competent skills are instantly available, where there is choice for employment and where young people have the confidence in their innate skills and value to choose whether they would like to be employed or self-employed.
- To see youth are invested with the skills to be productive, the experience to apply their skills and knowledge and the independent vision to deploy their skills and capabilities wisely.
- To offer business support services, thereby creating an employment pipeline for those youth incubated through us
We are committed to boosting the economy with youth development and relevant, high-quality training and customer support in an environment conducive to effective learning. We are also committed to the growth and support of small business.